• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locked image sizes

New Here ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if the title doesn't make much sense. I don't really know how to describe this problem, also why i couldn't find any answers by myself.

I just switched from AE20 to 24. Something i do a lot is use blur effects to duplicate layes and simulate a shadow under images and objects. I tried doing this, but it turns out the shape of images is limited to a square the size of the image/shape. 

Antu37198535yjp2_0-1714970107076.png

Here is what i mean, I used to just blur objects and get a shadow matching the Image's shape. Very useful with png images.

Antu37198535yjp2_1-1714970166431.png

But now i get this. The image is locked in this square, and i don't know how to unlock it.

I assume it must be something in the settings of each shape, because both pictures are of different layers in the same timeline, and both layers are using the same source image.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get Gaussian Blur to render beyond the bounds of the Layer, disable "Repeat Edge Pixels" in After Effects 2024.

It's the third property after Blurriness and Blur Dimensions.

I usually refer to this as "bounded" when an effect does not render beyond the spatial resolution (or frame size) of a Layer.

It can also be called clipped or cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines