• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for methods.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Looking for way to create an animated version of this image. Smooth, clean wavy motions, with some colour changes. Any ideas? Need it asap.

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

About a million ways to do something like that but none of them are a single effect. My first thought was to apply fractal noise to a solid, change Fractal Noise>Transform>Scale to something like 1400%, add an expression to Fractal noise>Transform>Rotation like: time * 90; then add an expression to Fractal noise>Transform>Offset Turbulence to move the noise pattern on the X-axis like: [time * 100, value[1]; This saves me adding keyframes and is easy to adjust for slower or faster evolution.

This

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also open to stock footage in this style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a million ways to do something like that but none of them are a single effect. My first thought was to apply fractal noise to a solid, change Fractal Noise>Transform>Scale to something like 1400%, add an expression to Fractal noise>Transform>Rotation like: time * 90; then add an expression to Fractal noise>Transform>Offset Turbulence to move the noise pattern on the X-axis like: [time * 100, value[1]; This saves me adding keyframes and is easy to adjust for slower or faster evolution.

This gives me a big animated grayscale noise field. You can apply Colorama to give it some color, then pre-compose so that It can be used as the source for CC Blobbylize applied to a white layer. A little adjustment of the Blobbiness>Cutaway and some softness will give you something like this:

bobbylize.gif

You can play with the settings and Colorama to give you some softer or harder edges and edit the Fractal Noise settings to give you a simpler look.

Just one approach of dozens that I can think of.

Another is to use Turbulent Displace, but I don't have the time to play with that one right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I'll have a look into that! Thanks heaps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. Took me less than five minutes. The more you use AE the quicker solutions come to mind. Most of them are combinations of effects. I just needed some pixels to move and something to turn them into blobs so Blobbyize came to mind right away.

You might want to experiment with turbulent displace, displacement maps, and a bunch of other things. Colorama is the easiest way I know of to create a bunch of colors from the luminance values in an image. You can also use Colorama to generate procedural mattes that you can use for track mattes to create transparency.

Good luck with your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines