• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lots of bugs in AE CC 2018....

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This release is a bit of mess. There is a huge disk cache memory refresh thing going on. AE will display old content that is not even there in the comp anymore unless you purge your disk cache, im having to purge the cache before i render just to make sure nothing is old, what a mess. Also you cant import meta data in audio files anymore. My process is marking out a track in Audition as far as where i want things to happen in AE, import all the markers are there and voila. Well those markers are not there anymore. This is a note to Adobe..... I dont need an upgrade every year, i only want an update when you have a stable version going on. I had to rollback to 2014 when 2015 came out because that was a disaster, whats going on over there, get it together.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Hi Tom,

Sorry for your issues with the new version!

Can you please file a bug report here? Bug Report Form

• Do the markers work for you in an earlier version of After Effects?
  • Which OS are you on?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'll create .bat with small script file to make it fast 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artur, I reached out to Autodesk, and they request you or anyone who is hitting this problem importing PSDs with 3ds Max installed to log a support ticket for 3ds Max at this location: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support/using-my-product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem but with my AE in general. It keeps crashing when I try to do my animation frame by frame. I had to keep saving, exit out when it crashes and just open the file again to keep animating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having SEVERE performance issues with 2018 as well, to the point that it's making me look like an idiot at my job. I'm trying to get something out the door, but a comp with only shape layers and text is taking 10 hours to render. Based on my experience, this version isn't even suitable to be called a beta.

The 2018 version has been out for months now, so I don't think it's out of the question for me to have used it for a project. But shame on me for doing so, I guess. Can't roll back because I'm using the Master Properties feature pretty extensively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with that 100%. I updated thinking I could roll back to 2017 on my laptop if AE 2018 was a dud (which it is), but I was in for a surprise!! Once I rolled back to AE 2017 It just wouldn't open... began initializing and then nothing. No reason, no error, just gone. Now I am stuck with 2018 and My work has never been harder with all the glitches and trying to find work arounds.... exhausting. I have tried calling adobe... they are stumped. I have tried disabling my Nvidia 1070 ti and running off the intel card. I have to roll back to 2015 just to get some things done. All my projects are in 2017 and 2018 now, and once 2018 touches them at all, I can expect to spend 3 hours for every 1 hour worth of work at least. Adobe make this right or I'm going to have to use other software. I want my 2017 back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines