Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Luma matte problem

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to solve a problem for few days now, and I have quite some experience with After Effects, C4D, Redshift etc.. But this I just cannot figure out, and it's kinda basic stuff 🙂

So, I'm selling video renders for a marketplace and for that reason I need 2 files in zip package, one beauty pass and another black & white luma matte (for users to combine the two to get alpha channel).

For example...
Beauty (with post fx applied - bloom,glare etc.):
beuty.jpgLuma matte (combined post fx and with alpha channel to get this luma matte):lumamatte.jpgBut, when I use beauty and set track matte in ae with luma matte (example above), it does make an alpha, but a lot of information kinda dissapears, notice the glow/bloom is almost not present (image does have an alpha channel, but showed it with black BG to show what I mean):combined.jpgOf course, I tried to brighten luma matte, but then I get this:spil.jpg

I'm getting grey hair as we speak, so any insight would be really appreciated! 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: Your Alpha is not linear/ not treated linearly. Check the respective render settings in C4D and the footage interpretation in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, did that already, but double checked to make sure everything is in linear, c4d and ae, but just doesn't work properly. I guess it's not possible to do it this way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines