Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making perspective image flat / change of perspective

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AE community

I would like to transform a video so its perspective changes. That seems simple but I have no idea how this operation is called and therefore have difficulties finding any guidelines.

Task is simple, I want to take take video showing scene in perspective. Point to some points (without tracking just constant coordinates) that make the rectangle on the floor. and transform this image as if the floor was viewed from the top. As shown on the picture below

I would be really thankful for any advice and guidelines

perspective.PNG

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no one-layer easy solution to this kind of problem. You can create 3D planes that match the surfaces in the original shot for some footage and then project the textures on the surfaces. The amount of movement you can make is limited by the parallax in the shot. 

Your sample footage is not really suitable for the kind of a move you are describing. I don't have time to dig up tutorials or examples right now. 

There are tools in Photoshop that allow you to create 3D layers from the surfaces in a photograph. You select the Vanishing Point effect, create your geometry, then export a VPE file to After Effects. This creates a textured 3D environment in After Effects that lets you move around the scene using AE's camera. The amount of movement you can make is far less than the perspective change in your example images. You might try a search using the keywords VPE and After Effects. Try to look for tutorials from professionals. There are a lot of enthusiasts out there that don't explain things very well or use efficient workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines