Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mapping Image to Flag footage - Need Help/Info

New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Tbh I'm not even sure how to search for this.  But Basically I found a tutorial to create a simple flag waving animation with displacement maps from other footage.  It works, but I'm not really liking that the surface its mapped to in my 3D rendering software (Lumion) is static and thus creating a weird mix of movement/non-movement.  I found a better stock footage element of a white flag waving on a black background, and I want to use this instead.  The displacement map simple approach isn't working, and I don't know what the official process for this is called so I'm coming up empty on searches.  Any help or pointers would be appreciated!  Thanks!

I've attached screenshots of what I mean.

flag map.PNGflag map2.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless there is a UV pass of the flag, this is impossible and even that requires extra plug-ins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s6Hf68TE34

Otherwise you will need to stick with a 3D software that can handle animated objects like importing a baked cache or can create simulations itself. Blender is free, after all, and does all this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - the website is ActionVFX and they say it can be swapped with the UV pass so I'll check the video out.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines