Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask Path

Participant ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Im having trouble making a mask path. I have selected the keyframe option and I began moving the selected area via the pen tool frame by frame, but when I do the older frames are changed and the pen tool is in a different position. I feel like I'm missing something simple here.. See attached screenshots.

Thanks

DaveScreen Shot 2020-01-07 at 3.22.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-07 at 3.22.48 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear to be honest on what you're aiming to do, or what is happening... but a couple of questions:

1. Are you intending to animate the mask?

2. Do you realise you have 20 pixels of mask expansion and 33pixels of mask feathering set?

3. I'm not clear on what you mean by: "...when I do the older frames are changed and the pen tool is in a different position"

If you can clarify we should be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no known bugs with mask paths. If something as simple as this does not work we need complete workflow details and screenshots that show all modified properties of the layers at various times so we can know what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes I want the mask to follow my reflection.

2. Yes I do realize this. I'm trying to blur my reflection and not make it as obvious.

3. When I change the position of the mask on key frame 5(for example), it changes the previous keyframe position(keyframe1,2,3,4) I had set. My body is moving in the video and I am trying to cover my body with the mask. Obviously my body is in a different position every frame but when I adjust the mask in one frame, the previous frame is moved. Even though they are keyframed.

Does that make sense??

Here is a video of what I'm trying to do, as you can see at the end the mask has moved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out.. I was moving the whole layer, as oppose to adjusting the corners of the mask.. thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines