• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match Name for Dropdown Menu Control Effect Randomly changing

Contributor ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currenly working on a script which uses Dropdown Menu Control effect.

I can use this Match Name : "ADBE Dropdown Control" to add Dropdown menu to a layer.

But If I want to check whether a layer contains dropdown menu using this same Match Name it doesn't work well. I've tried alert the matchName of existing Dropdown Menu. It randomly changes something like "Pseudo/@@qpFySX4lSVK41BTpoPU+jA"  How to verify If a layer or multiple layers have dropdown menu added in it by it's matchName?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Resources , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus, how hard is it to make names consistent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question. I don't have any inside knowledge, but if I had to guess, I'd say the fact that the Dropdown Menu control lets you add, subtract, or edit elements on the fly is somehow the reason for it being implemented as a Pseudo Effect. If you edit one in any way, it appears to generate a new Match Name. So, I don't know how you verify it's a Dropdown Menu control just by its Match Name, unless maybe they all begin with "Pseudo/@@".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines