Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match the camera between 3Ds Max and Element 3D

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I got really big trouble here. I use ae transfer plugin to transfer 3Ds Max scene to After Effects.

Everything works great but I can't match the cameras when I work with Element 3D 

The red one sequenced render. And as you can see 3D model can't fit with the render. It's based the same camera in 3Ds Max. Camera settings, composition setting etc everything is the same but can't match the same coordinations even when I scale the 3D model. 

I all want, having the same camera view and direction as I have in 3Ds Max so I can fit with the render. 

(Why I'm doing this? Because I'm not good with Element 3D rendering and I think it's not enough given the realism. So I wanna use the base 3D model and render my scene in 3Ds Max and combine it with 3Ds Max (reflections, shadows etc I mean))

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mehmet

Test-Car.122 [f0098](1).png

Test-Car.122 [f0098](2).png

TOPICS
Dynamic link , How to , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will likely have better luck on a MAX forum, but this may simply never work out. Even for simple pin hole cameras things like filmback size, focal length behavior and so on can simply differ across programs and in your case it seems there's also a precision issue with scene alignment in the first place. Not sure why you would even consider such a workflow, though. If you have MAX, you have much more options, anyway and doing conventional 2D composites on your rendered images can do pretty much everything you could do with E3D. It's not like the plug-in actually does anything revolutionary. It just provided a pretty decent hardware-based renderer to AE back in a day when it couldn't handle any real geometry.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines