Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mister Horse crashing problem

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem started just today.

When I try to open the Mister Horse plugin panel, the program crash, every single time. I tried to uninstall AE, the MH plugin, update, etc. but nothing works.

Any of you guys have some idea of how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any useful info like system info or actual crash details, so no, we cannot even guess what's going on. You need to be much more specific. That said, the first thing to do is to look for an updated version of the script that may fix potential compatibility issues with newer versions of AE. Anything beyond that will require better info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me back in the early part of March of 2023.  I entered a ticket, via Mister Horse's website, and they promptly responded on March 2, 2023.  

They asked me to send them screenshots of my PC specs and the version of After Effects CC that I was using.  The version of AE that I was using was the updated version, at the time.  They prompted me to:

1. Update Windows to latest available version.
  2. Update After Effects to the latest version. 
  3. Update GPU driver to the latest version. Is the GPU the same on these computers, please?
  4. Close all other extensions windows in After Effects. Maybe some other extension is causing interference. 

I had my job's IT guy take a look at the 4 bullets that Mr. Horse outlined (Our IT guy just built my PC earlier this year) and he didn't see any issues with my PC.  BUT to factor out that it was my work PC that was crashing whenever I used the Mister Horse Animation Composer 3 plugin, I also tried to use it on my home PC, which was a HP Envy purchased from Best Buy back in 2022, and guess what... it kept crashing as well, so it wasn't just a one-off machine issue since 2 machines were crashing whenever I tried to use a MH plugin.

I ultimately just stopped using the plugin altogether this year because it no longer works.  

This was the last email they sent me:

"Thank you very much for reporting your experiences. We're always working on updates, trying to make the software as stable as possible. Unfortunately, there seem to be some special conditions that might be causing trouble. We just need to find out exactly what so we can reproduce it for our developers and find a fix. 

Feel free to report back any findings, they're very welcome. 

Cheers,
Alexander from MisterHorse.com"

So yeah... I just tried to use the plugin today, for the first time since early March, anddd it crashed lol.  I was hoping a fix would've been in place by now, but judging by your post the plugin is still broken.

Anyway, following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by checking the Mister Horse website for an update. The most recent thing I saw on their web pages was from 2020. There have been a lot of changes since then, and the tools may no longer be compatible. 

If that does not help, try rolling AE back a build or a version using the Creative Cloud app. If that doesn't work, you may need to try a complete re-install of the program and then add your 3rd party effects and scripts one at a time, starting with the problematic Mister Horse tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered a similar issue with Animation Composer 3 after I rearranged my extensions panels into new tabs in AE2024. I used to keep Animation Composer opened in its own panel but when after I arranged it into tabs with my other extensions it just stopped working and would crash AE whenever I tried using it for the last few days. 

Mister Horse's website had a couple of solutions, one of which the following simple solution worked for me.

Solution 2:

Close all other extension panels. We had some reports that some extensions cause our previews to misbehave. This happens when other extension refreshes UI often or does some calculations while idle.

Once I closed all other extension panels it began to function again. After I opened my other extensions and rearranged the panels to my preference, Animation Composer3 was still working!

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really interesting, that sort of makes sense, even if not ideal.

Thank you for posting a solution, I'm sure it will help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have experienced a same error, turns out it was because of a corrupted font i just installed on my pc, as soon a i unistalled it, everything got normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines