Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

modifying parameters

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm trying to change a point parameter's values based on some computing I do elsewhere, but I can't get it to work.

When given PF_Cmd_USER_CHANGED_PARAM, I go into my "UpdateHook" function which looks like this:

static PF_Err UpdateHook(PF_ParamDef *params[]){
params[START_POINT]->u.td.x_value = g_growStart.x;
params[START_POINT]->u.td.y_value = g_growStart.y;
params[START_POINT]->uu.change_flags = PF_ChangeFlag_CHANGED_VALUE;
return PF_Err_NONE;
}

I know that UpdateHook gets called. I know that g_growStart.x and g_growStart.y have values, and I am supervising params[START_POINT] and the other parameters that might change g_growStart.

AE doesn't crash or give me errors, but it also doesn't change anything... I can't find a sample that shows this functionality either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rich
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2007 Jan 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Supervisor; we need to change a COPY of the params, not the original params.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2007 Jan 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ah, I'll give that a shot. I thought that was only when changing the UI (hiding or showing certain sliders or whatever).

-Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines