Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Tile not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So on my video I have applied motion tile but it's not working. I don't understand why because on everything else it's working.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 9.44.42 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't realyl know. Sorry, but you've made even your screenshot useless by cropping it and on top of it have not provided any otehr useful info like version of AE, system info and so on. And not to put too fine a point to it - this expression error mus come from somewhere, too. You simply have to be much more specific and provide better info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok here is the image

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 9.30.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screenshot it looks like you have two expression errors. Perhaps these are contributing to your issues? To find out where your errors are, select the layers in your comp and hit the E key twice in quick succession. This will expose the expressions. Send us  a screenshot of these so we can see what those errors are.

Thanks,

Angie Taylor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the modified properties of the layers that are giving you problems and the composition settings it's hard to know what is going on. Select the Composition in the Project Panel so we can see the project settings in the displayed info or if you have questions about the footage select the footage in the Project panel so we can see the properties. Then select the layers you are having problems with in the timeline and press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties, make sure that the switches and modes columns are visible in the timeline (middle icon at the bottom right of the timeline), then PrintScreen and paste or Shift+Ctrl/Cmnd +3 on a Mac and drag from the desktop to the forum.

Motion tile works on layer size. If the layer is a text layer or a shape layer you have to pre-compose before you apply motion tile. If the layer has opacity around the edges then motion tile will respect the alpha channel and leave holes. Motion tile will not work on an adjustment layer. For example:

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 10.47.57 AM.png

Shows you everything required to figure out why the gradient applied to the solid does not tile and explains the spaces between the tiles.

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 10.44.20 AM.png

Simply changing the rendering order of the effects solves the production problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ma'am.  I'm pleased to see you here.  You know your stuff.  I have learned many things from you.

Well, I've also learned much from the guys, but there is something about having a lady in our midst that is calming, reassuring and edifying.  Thank you for your visit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aww, thanks David! Really nice to see you in here too. I remember some of your great posts at Creative Cow forums 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok here is the image. The error is happening on an adjustment layer where I use a fish eye warp.

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 9.30.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Rick. I'm guessing you're running into a problem based on render order, or the specific way the other fx you're using deal with edges. I'd look at stacking things differently, perhaps try moving the Motion Tile to another layer (even just another Adjustment layer) to see if you can find your way around the issue. Try turning the other fx in the stack on/off to see which one is ultimately causing the problem.

Also, I see your expressions are still broken? Are you using some kind of preset that you've accidentally deleted the controllers for? This could certainly also have something to do with it, as it may no longer be properly calculating the proper offset, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi elisabonsignour,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines