• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving keyframes extremely laggy/slow

Enthusiast ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me that experiences that moving keyframes in the timeline is extremely slow? I know AE's UI gets slower the more complex a project is, but moving the keyframes for me seems to be more laggy than the UI in general, especially in the latest release with the new keyframe colors etc. 
I need to move the keyframes slowly because if I release them and move my mouse to quickly they end up somewhere else on the timeline than where I released the mouse button. 

If this is because after effects starts previewing while you are moving the keyframe in realtime, it would be good to have an option to make after effects pause preview while you are moving the keyframe and start after, because that is a feature you mostly don't need. 

TOPICS
Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing an edit/purge memory and disk cache and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purge help some, but its still quite slow. the bigger the project the worse it is. I can't understand why adobe sacrifice UI responsiveness to render preview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also depends on the tech specs of your computer. Whether your operating system and the application are up to date. We don't know if you're on Mac or Windows, but start by checking everything for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Threadripper 3970x with RTX 3090 GPU and 128gb of 2800mhz ram. So its not the fastest single core CPU, but After effect have become slower with the latest updates. Particularly the lagging when moving the keyframes, that the keyframes ends up in a different place is what annoys in me particular. It should have been possible to optimize this for the AE team, because you never really need to generate the previews before you release the keyframe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.  Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines