Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

My After effect import premiere project, black screen comp

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, this article uses a translator, so the context may be inaccurate.

After editing in Premiere Pro, if you use the import premiere project as an aftereffect to work with effects, the composition contains a black screen.

I'll attach some images.

프리미어타임라인.PNG

It's my Premiere's timeline.
As you can see, there is no gap.

The sequence setting is 29.97/drop frame/1920*1080.

에펙타임라인.PNG

I imported the premiere project from After Effects and opened the sequence (comp).

에펙_갭.PNG

에펙_어긋남.PNG

에펙_갭+어긋남.PNG

에펙_갭_블랙.PNG

That's a terrible result.
Some parts are out of position between less than 1f, and the worst part is 1f, resulting in a black screen. (Last photo)

컴프세팅.PNG

These are the composition settings for After Effects.

There is no difference from Premier.

I can't understand why this problem keeps bothering me.

If someone knows how to fix it, please let me know.

Please don't tell me to connect from Premiere to After Effects via Dynamic Link.

That task makes the project too heavy and I don't like it.

Version

AFTER EFFECT : 17.7.0 (Build 45)

Premiere Pro : 14.9.0 (Build 52)

TOPICS
Crash, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, all your clips have FX all over it in Premiere, which could mean that you are messing up framerates just by that. this seems liek the classical misunderstanding where you simply already moved to far ahead in Premiere and nearly finished the project instead of just leaving it a rough cut. Start by actualyl creating a version of the project with the effgects stripped down and see if it makes a difference. Likewise, double- and triple-check your footage interpretation, sequence settings and comp settings. Somewhere there could still be a misinterpretation.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering my question.

All videos on the timeline are time-lapse videos, so we applied speed ramping.

Other than that, nothing else worked.

Speed ​​ramping was applied up to 600% as little as 600% and as much as 800% with ctrl+r.

Could this be a problem?

It was confirmed that the sequence and comp settings and frame settings are all the same.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered your own question: You cannot use speed ramps in premiere and then expect everything to line up perfectly in AE. From normal quantization issues to simple differences in the algorithms it is inevitable that slight variations creep in. you have to make up your mind where you actually want to do the speed-up. Otherwise you will have to render the Premiere timeline to an actual clip to bake in your existing speed ramps.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.
So, as you say, if you want to use speed ramping, you have to choose between After Effects or Premiere.

It sounds like you have to first render the clip (sequence) to which the effect is applied to use speed ramping in Premiere and then import it into After Effects to work,  is it correct?

If it were that way, it would be very cumbersome in situations where you need to modify the video.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines