• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help, my footage went green and I was almost done with my poster. Helpp!!!

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was making a motion poster in after effects and I used my footage and time freezed it and created a mask at every point I wanted and suddenly my footage went green. Basically I created 6 masks from the footage. One for the background and other 5 for the frames I wanted to show in my poster. Now 4 of my frames went green and other two frames from the same footage are fine. Please can someone help me? I tried clearing cache and also disabled the hardware accelerated composition thing. Nothing is working 😞
P.S. - I have a macbook air M2

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by cleaning out the disk cache.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo diría que mejor borres todo yéndote al menu Edit / Purge / All Memory & Disk Cache... luego presionas OK y listo. Luego te tocará volver a renderizar las previstas pero si el problema se soluciona habrá valido la pena.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it is related, but sometimes certain codecs fail/become unreliable at certain bit depths. 16bps failed for me for some codecs for example, giving partial or fully green frames. Try switching to a higher or lower bit depth and see if it makes a difference. Other things to check is the alpha interpretation for the footage, there might be something wrong there, setting footage to ignore alpha sometimes makes a difference, it might not solve the problem (if you need the alpha) but if it helps you could try transcoding/rendering to an other codec for the footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like After Effects is having an issue decompressing the source footage item.

If it's a still image and not already a Photoshop document, try opening it in Photoshop and save it as PSD file in RGB color mode.

If it's a video clip and not already ProRes, try opening it in Shuter Encoder (donation-ware) and convert it to an Apple ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime movie file (Apple ProRes is under "Editing cocdecs").

Back in After Effects, select the source footage in the Project panel and then choose File > Replace Footage > File to replace the file you're using now with the PSD or the MOV created above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did the suggestions above help?

Feel free to reach out. Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for now.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines