• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help on saving memory for very large video

Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a large scaIe video. I just have a few questions as I am experiencing memory problems and crashes. Just shooting some ideas with people who understand the bottlenecks of the AE. 

I have a about 300 objects in the design which is part of the logo.  I got this really nice wipe effect that which uses a gradient controller to driver the opacity. So it looks really great when effected.

This involves putting  in this onto  opacity:

C = thisComp.layer("grad").sampleImage(position,[.5,.5],true,time);
L = rgbToHsl(C)[2]*100

Are expressions more computational that regular key frames? 

With vector images,  does after effects have to use a lot of brain power to 'contiuously rasterize' a small illustrator file by 1000% closer to the size need. Is it better to upscale in illustrator before?

There other things like switching  colour profiling to 'fast' which I'm looking at. 

And 'hardware Accelerate' options. I'm not sure if it is making much difference yet.

Thank you in advance

Julian

TOPICS
Crash , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sampleImage() can be a resource hog. Assuming that your "grad" layer has effects applied, you might consider precomping that layer so that you can set the postEffect parameter of sampleImage() to false. It seems like that could save you some computation cycles, but I don't have any data to back that up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. The grad layer is just a couple of solids in a precomp then named 'grad' I will try setting to sampleimage to false. That is a good shout. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines