• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to After Effects

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. I wanted to try out After effects and figure out how to animate an image to give it movement like I see in this animated video. Are there any tutorials that specifically help me learn this type of animation? TTS - Necrons Laughing Condescendingly - YouTube

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FateofReality,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

It looks like a combination of simple position/rotation keyframe animation and puppet animation.

Following are the tutorials you can check out for a better understanding:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This helps a lot. I got started with it, but the image I'm using is giving me a bit of trouble. I was wondering if there was a way to make a very specific mask shape or something that allows me to adjust the mask shape more than I can at the moment with rotobesizer so I can more easily move parts of bodies, while also cutting out parts I don't want or find too difficult to move? Is the image I'm using a bit too complex? Or are there ways to get more natural movement out of the image that I just don't know about?

Here's a video link to show what I mean.

Tech Priest TTS animation test footage - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think either the Puppet tool, with plenty of points and/or the Shape effect is what you're after

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines