• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No way to save a single frame as PNG?

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to AE, and I'm trying to export a single frame to isolate for later masking. But, when going to Comp>Save Frame, I'm met not with the Output Module where I can alter the settings, but straight to the mac output in preview, where a PSD file is the only selectable option. And, my render queue remains empty throughout this process. When I go back to Edit>Templates>Output Render Templates, there is no PNG option in frame default, even when I go to Edit. I feel a bit dead-ended?

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving a frame as a PSD is to take a layered file into Photoshop; you want to render a frame to PNG.

If you have Video Copilot's FX Console, you can very quickly copy or save a frame as a JPG or PNG (there's also an option in the prefs to always save the frame at Full res, even if your Comp panel is set to something lower).

The native solution just requires you making a new preset. The dropdowns in your screenshot are existing presets, so below that menu in the Output Modules window, you should be able to click "Edit" at the bottom (where a new preset is waiting to be made that is likely called "Untitled 1." Give it a new name, then click "Edit." In the new window that pops up the Format dropdown should have PNG Sequence. If you want an alpha channel, make sure to change the Channels from "RGB" to "RGB + Alpha," hit OK. You should then be able to choose it from the Output Module dropdown in the Render Queue, then just make sure to pick your desired frame in the Render Settings dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I go to "Edit" to create a new preset, there is no option for PNG. I have macOS and the newest version of Ae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a screenshot with the "Formats" dropdown menu open after hitting "Edit?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines