• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Null object question.

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody, I'm wandering how i can make an effect only apply to a certain section of my comp. Would this be done with a null object? Any help is appreciated and if possible please give a detailed answer as i know to achieve a look your wanting there can be different ways to go about it. Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

An Adjustment Layer with a Mask is the way to go. This affects all layers below the Adjustment Layer, in the area defined by the Mask.

An alternative, which works by affecting a single layer is to use the Effect Input Layer Options. This too works with a mask delineating an area to define the area an effect works within.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Adjustment Layer with a Mask is the way to go. This affects all layers below the Adjustment Layer, in the area defined by the Mask.

An alternative, which works by affecting a single layer is to use the Effect Input Layer Options. This too works with a mask delineating an area to define the area an effect works within.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Roland. Very helpful answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...if possible please give a detailed answer as i know to achieve a look your wanting there can be different ways to go about it."

It's not possible.  We have absolutely no idea of the look you want to achieve.  As you mention, there are different ways to get a look.  With no idea of the look, how can we possibly recommend a technique?  We're not clairvoyant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines