Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office Hour with the After Effects Team

Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

11:10 AM PST - It's a wrap!

Thanks to the After Effects team for participating and answering a ton of the questions. We will get back to the ones that are not answered. 

-Rameez

------------------------------- 

Hi After Effects Community!

What an exciting start to November we’ve had at Adobe with the recent release of After Effects 17.0 and the 2019 MAX conference!  With the recent update, I’m sure there are many questions around After Effects 17.0 features, updates, performance improvements and what’s coming down the line for future After Effects releases. 

Well, here’s your chance to get all your questions answered by the very team who works to create the magic in After Effects! Starting at 10 am on Wednesday, November 13, we’ll have Victoria Nece and other After Effects team members on hand to answer any and all After Effects questions right here, LIVE! Just ask your questions in the comments below for the opportunity to connect directly with the After Effects team.  More details below.

When: November 13, 2019

Time: 10 AM - 11 AM Pacific Time

Who will be attending?

Victoria Nece - Senior Product Manager, After Effects

Victoria Nece is the Senior Product Manager for Motion Graphics and Visual Effects at Adobe, with After Effects as her primary focus. She has also played key roles in bringing Character Animator and Motion Graphics templates to market. Before joining Adobe, she was a motion designer for over a decade, as well as a developer of extensions for After Effects. As Director of Animation at the Documentary Group, she oversaw graphics for broadcast, theatrical and educational productions. As a developer, Victoria designed systems for motion capture animation and created tools used in Hollywood films.

Other members from the After Effects team: 

Sean Jenkin - Engineering Manager, After Effects

Michelle Gallina - Sr. Product Marketing Manager, After Effects 

Jamie Gjerde - Project Lead, After Effects Engineering

John Colombo - Software Quality Engineer, After Effects Engineering

Want to know more about After Effects 17.0? Have questions around After Effects Expressions, MOGRTs, Content-Aware Fill or any other After Effects features?  Wondering how to get started with After Effects? Let us know in the comments below. The After Effects team will be here for an hour to answer as many as they can.

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , How to , Performance , Resources , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?  I have no idea if MWRecord.prm is an Adobe Plugin or from some other 3rd party, I only know I have NOT installed any 3rd party plugins.

Here is the screenshot of the error message:

AEPlugInFailedError.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Premiere Pro has no problem loading this prm, no errors, so the issue appears to be an AE bug.  Also tested with AE version 17.0.0 (Build 557) and getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, 

Navigate to the path that is shown in the screenshot and move any plugins to the desktop temporarily. Then try launching After Effects again. 

Let us know if it helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

MWRecord.prm is not an Adobe plugin.

Plugins that cannot be loaded are "ignored". It's likely that Premiere Pro is ignoring the plugin as well but just not showing a warning.

You could verify this by looking at the Plugin Loading.log inside of  C:\Users\{use}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro (Beta)\14.0 

There should be an entry in there for MWRecord.prm

Thanks,

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Mackbook Pro and I'm getting crashes on both versions making it at the moment unusable. All I'm doing is clicking around menus and doing normal things and then it just shuts off and crashes. 

I'd have thought given the time since the release of Catalina along with the brand new release of 2020 that it would at least work in the most basic sense. 

Anyone else having the same problem? Am I going to have to keep using my old slow computer instead of my shiny new one simply because of this? 

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately due to the timing of Catalina's release and AE's 2020 release, we weren't able to fix all known issues for Catalina in AE 2020. The patch we are working on currently should bring better compatibility with Catalina. A couple of known issues are the color picker not working, comp memory purging. Neither of those sound like your issue, so please ensure you send the crash reports and that'll help us uncover what might be happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,
I have seen some great tips on how to scale, both using the file>script>Demo palette/Scale Comp and using continously rasterize.
My issue is that I'm having a comp with lots of 3D layers, covering a foreground, midground and background.
This background is much smaller on the foreground due to perspective, giving me very little use of the HD width.
I tried to take the background into a new HD comp and scale with script> scale comp, Null etc, but it gets just very blurry. If I use Continiously Rasterize it messes up all the lighting and camera.

Is there way to scale up in After Effects, where I can have all my 3D layers and scene looking intact, but benefiting from the assets being vectors and therefore can scale up?

Any Direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. You have basically reached an impass where you hit a wall in AE's intelligence (or lack thereof, TBH) due to how you are combining stuff and features that are double- and triple-loaded with functionality (meaning all that CR/ CT stuff vs. 3D). It might be a more efficient use of your time to resize the background image in Photoshop e.g. using the AI-based content-aware image resize and then a bit of manual tweaking.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
Well, I've done the update of all of my Adobe suite softwares, everything works well, except of After Effects. Indeed, when I try to open it, I receive an error message (take a look on the following photo).

Message erreur After Effects.png

"After Effects: (Failed to create directory) : / Users / MacBookProNora / Library / Preferences / Adobe / After Effects / 17.0 / OriginalWorkspace". Check the protection or permissions of the parent directory."

Even if I unstalled and installed it again, the issue isn't solved. I don't know what to do and it's really problematic as After Effects is my work tool in daily life.

Would you have an idea about this problem's cause and how can I solve it?

PS: I like to precise that I've already checked out if I have authorizations for using After Effects in the Adobe file, so I don't think it's comes from this...

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let me know what OS you're using? If it's macOS 15 (Catalina), it's possible the permission required by the OS aren't in place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! So I'm going to try to be as precise as I can with this despite me not having much to go off of.
I edit gaming videos for a few YouTubers and overall for the last few years I've never had a major issue with AE or Premiere. Randomly about 2 hours ago though I hit space bar, as one does, to preview what I was working on (nothing crazy just a video and some audio it was not a big project yet) and no video popped up but the audio played and the red line was going through the composition as if it was previewing it.
I thought okay it is just a minor glitch so I opened and closed AE and it still did it. Tried restarting my computer, still did it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE, still did it. Tried updating to the newest version of AE 2020, still is doing it. I've opened up new projects and went back to old ones and it does it literally everywhere.
I looked up fixes but I can't find anything that is telling me to do anything differently than what I've tried. The adobe cleaner also did nothing.
I am on a bit of a deadline and would appreciate any help or info, I tried to talk to an Adobe representative and they said they're backed up at the moment and time is of the essence. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the preview panel and see the settings there. Maybe you just switched of video in the spacebar settings.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting something similiar.  Spacebar and all methods of previewing stop working.  PC revs up like something is happening but nothing does.  I restart AE and all is fine.   Feels like switching between programs has something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

96 Brixx,

Really sorry, man. What's your system specs? Source media?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effects 2020 crashes when i try to access the audio hardware and disk cache options in preferences.

is anybody else experiencing this?

running on 15" 2018  macbook pro osx catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dexterc81659392

I haven't seen this one yet. Sorry to hear that you're crashing. 

Please send us a crash report if you haven't already. More info here:https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/submit-crash-reports-digital-video-applications.html

Let's look if After Effects has created crash logs on your machine:https://community.adobe.com/t5/After-Effects/FAQ-How-to-find-After-Effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...

If you can find crash logs, please share them with us so that we can get them checked by an engineer. 

Meanwhile, try the following steps:

• Close all Adobe apps
  • Navigate to Documents > Adobe
  • Rename the After Effects 2020 folder to OLD_After Effects 2020
  • Launch After Effects

Let us know if you still run into the same issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having issues with the wrong mouth layers showing up when I add the correct keyframes.

I have tried Purging the memory but this only works if I choose the keyframe that needs to be corrected, only to come up again a minute later. I also tried clearing my disk cache to only get the same results.

I thought that having my Mac using APFS filing system might be the problem since my friend who has his set to Extended Journal had no issues but I can't verify this.

I usually do the lip sync as usual by alt + ], Sequence layers, Time remapping, and Toggle switch.

Any help is greatly appreicated.

Thank you.

G.

MacOS High Sierra

i7

8G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what ae version? make sure it's the latest update to the release you are using, make sure your compositions frame rate matches in the lip sync precomp and master comp. is this a new issue for you? try to isolate it as much as you can and see if you can send a project file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.

all frame rates match including the duration.

i have been having this issue for quite some time.

im using ae 2019.

to go more into detail, when I have added all the mouths, some of the mouths doubled in the precomp. For example,

the o and the t are the same. If I move the scrub, both mouths are the same even though in the precomp mouth different layers. Not until I have selected that keyframe that is show incorrectly and do a purge all memory does it correct itself. In which after a few minutes starts to do it again.

hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you can, try to reduce your project and see if the problem persists with the least amount of layers and keyframes and send it through any cloud service here in the forum so we can examine it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello so I have a problem in after effects. Whenever I preview my edit the video is blurry. (I didn't render it yet) but I have it on full. If I put it on third, half, or quarter the picture is blurry. Like the picture on full is fine when the video is paused but when its not paused and it plays then the pictures are blurry. The setting full is the clearest when the video is paused. I dont want my video to be blurry, please help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check you preview panel settings, make sure it's set to auto. this means that your preview resolution will match the composition resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A large AE2019 Project (with a lot of timeline windows tabbed), crashed as soon as it was loaded in 2020.

Tried a lot, finally this worked:

I created a new project, imported the old project, dragged it out of the folder and continued with this 'fresh' copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's always the first thing I try if a project has issues opening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaydude,

Sorry to hear you were crashing here. Did you see the Crash Reporter dialog at all and/or submit any reports?

Again we do actively look at incoming crash reports - this could help us determine why you were crashing.

Thanks,

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines