Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

online edit after effect project with extendscript

Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every one. I want to make a website to edit the after effect projects (.aep) files and then render them to make online videos.

the scenario is :

1- i make some editable aep files and put them into the server in a website

2- users get online and put their data into inputs in website (text, logo and  etc.)

3- the server must gets the data from user and update the aep files with new data from user

4- server renders the data with aerender to make video outputs for user.

and the AE must be installed on the server.

Are these steps right? can i edit/update aep files with new data with EXTENDSCRIPT?

I want to make something like renderforest.com website.

another question is how can i make editale aep files?

any approach or help or startpoint or anything will be great.

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud applications cannot be run on a server in any type of "software for rent" scenario.

Try it and Adobe's lawyers will take you apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how the 'online video maker' websites works ?

there are many of them online!!!

are they use After effects SDK?

or there is another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They pay  Adobe.  Pony up the dough and you can probably have one, too.  It ain't cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i make a deal with adobe and pay them i can make online video maker website with AE and extendscript??

Are other websites use this method or there is another way to do this ? i mean other tools or products or any other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and are you sure about that ?

if that is correct so what the aerender and render farm is use for ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smart23515255  wrote

so what the aerender and render farm is use for ?

Licensed Adobe products.  What you're proposing violates your license with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command-line 'aerender.exe' utility is supplied solely for use in a local area network, where each node is under the exclusive control of a licensed copy of After Effects.

The After Effects SDK is for the creation of plugins for use with a licensed copy of After Effects. It cannot be used to facilitate any "computer service business, third party outsourcing facility or service, service bureau arrangement, network, or time sharing basis"

See https://www.adobe.com/devnet/aftereffects/sdk/cc_eula.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some website create their own solution may they use AE to create elements with alpha channel than use this elements as video file only to build a dynamic templates can be customizable online, if you search the mobile apps you will find a tone of apps like this, where they use pre-rendred elements. also i know one company use blender for this type of work but they stope this project later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you're trying to do, and I think it would be a valuable service.

Check in with Adobe on what they will allow.

Here's some info on rendering.

Automated rendering and network rendering in After Effects

You may want to have a convo with Adobe and see how you could help your clients licence Ae for their computers.

Then you could use Creative Cloud libraries to share content.

I suggest you check in with them before you proceed any further.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plenty of answers here but seems simple, strike an arrangement and pay or it's not legal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines