• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

openGL

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What am I supposed to pass to PF_GET_CGRAF_DATA to get an HDC for a Layer_Def?

Nothing I put as the last argument works. My compiler keeps barfing when trying to convert anything to a void ** - even if I try to cast it manually.

Can I even grab the HDC for an effect world, and draw to it with openGL?

Thanks,
-Rich
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2007 Jan 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.

You'll need to do the translation between OpenGL-ville and AE-town, usually pixel by pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2007 Jan 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured that was the case. I wound up opening my own hidden opengl window and copying it pixel by pixel into output just as you suggest. It's nice because I get all of opengl's drawing tools, but the more I've been thinking about it, I'm not sure I want to force my plugin users to have to have certain video cards, or updated drivers... Plus opening windows and such seems like it'll make having a windows and a mac version more complicated.

Thanks,
-Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2007 Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the world of supporting the opengl [ahem] "standard"...

;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2007 Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the more reason why AE should provide at least a few basic primitives. Points, lines, circles and triangles (filled and unfilled, with antialiasing options) would certainly help me. Or they would've, but I'm almost done making my own library of drawing tools. I'm sure you guys could do a much better job at it than I can though.

Oh well, writing my own gives me something to do at night while my wife watches bad TV.

-Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you'd like primitives, check out

http://conoa.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines