Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening the AE 24.5 project in an older version

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Is it possible to open the AE 24.5 project in an older version?
I have a MacPro from 2013 and unfortunately I cannot install the latest versions of AE and ApPro. I received an important project from a client that was created in version 24.5 and I need to run it and save it to an older version. If it is possible?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not think it is possible. Basically speaking, every application is upper compatible only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each version of After Effects can roll back two versions. You will need to find someone who has earlier versions installed to roll back as many steps as needed. If you have AE 20, you will need to find someone who has 22 installed as well as 24. They can roll back from 24 to 22 and then roll back from 22 to 20. 

Changes in the stock plug-ins and the UI may foul up the original composition and prevent it from working properly or even opening in earlier versions.

If 3rd party effects have been used, you will also need to have a path back through the changes in those effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines