• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS X 10.10 Yosemite Won't Launch AE CS6

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I had the same problem with Mavericks when it was released, but it's also with OS X 10.10 now (I know it's soon but just reporting it).  Yosemite won't launch AE but all the other Adobe CS6 apps work great though.  Had to get Java for Illustrator but that's it.

Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 7.55.56 PM.png

Just a heads up for AE artists that are also developers. 😃

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

The problem with Mavericks was that the Nvidia OptiX library had a problem that caused us to need to get an update from them to include with an After Effects patch.

We'll be testing with Yosemite now that it's available and see what may be broken that we need to fix.

See this page:

After Effects and Mac OSX v10.10 (Yosemite) | After Effects region of interest

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the public beta OS X Beta Program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just launched Ae CS6 on 10.10.4, and did a couple things with it.  Seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since AE has a problem with the new default font of Yosemite, I just changed the Default Font back to Lucida Grande.

I found this article:

osx - Can I change the font systemwide (10.8.3) - Ask Different

And just entered these commands into the Terminal:

defaults write -g NSSystemFont LucidaGrande

defaults write -g NSMessageFont LucidaGrande

defaults write -g NSLabelFont LucidaGrande

defaults write -g NSToolTipsFont LucidaGrande

defaults write -g NSTitleBarFont LucidaGrande

defaults write -g NSPaletteFont LucidaGrande

And then, without the need to restart, AE CS6 is starting and running just fine.

Also, I don't see problems like issues with text in finder etc. yet.

I don't know too much about these things... So I just hope, that by changing these things, nothing gets messed up. But so far, everything seems to work as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BETA 3 FIXED THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Beta 3 Yosemite now work with After Effects CC too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, i'm on CC 2014, OS 10.10 beta 3 and it works great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is 100% confirmed it has been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, thanks, thaanksss!!!! I have tried many things, even the Adobe costumer service that refuses to give some help for the ancient versions of the suite. I have tried to install   Developer Preview 3.1.0 f but I don't have succes in it. Finally I've decide to try your advice and it works very well on my new Yosemite machine 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not working for me today on OS X 10.10.5 (14F1021), the latest available Yosemite version.

I'm not using a beta of Yosemite and never did. My AE CS6 fails to open, showed an error message:

You can’t use this version of the application “Adobe After Effects CS6.app” with this version of OS X.

You have “Adobe After Effects CS6.app” 11.0.

Kudos to Apple for providing dialog boxes that you can copy the text from, to paste it when you search for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moonatwork wrote:

Definitely not working for me today on OS X 10.10.5 (14F1021), the latest available Yosemite version.

I'm not using a beta of Yosemite and never did. My AE CS6 fails to open, showed an error message:

You can’t use this version of the application “Adobe After Effects CS6.app” with this version of OS X.

You have “Adobe After Effects CS6.app” 11.0.

Kudos to Apple for providing dialog boxes that you can copy the text from, to paste it when you search for help!

You have to update your AE to version 11.0.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First there was this (I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5):

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.00.40 PM.png

Then there was this (these):

[url track as follows - After Effects CS6 (11.0.4) update: bug fixes for ray-traced 3D renderer and Spanish version on Windo... then Adobe - After Effects : For Macintosh : Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.4 Update : Thank You ]

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.01.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.01.05 PM.png

Then I got this when I tried to install the update:

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.00.25 PM.png

Creative Cloud doesn't give me an option to update. It just shows an icon that says 'Open.' ::

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.05.03 PM.png

Hence, returning me to problem number one.

Please help me solve the age-old question: What's the frequency, Kenneth?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were a couple of different solutions to this, as I recall.

One here: Mavericks and AE 12.0/12.1/12.2

One here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1702779

One here: Unable to upgrade to 11.0.1 for AE CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short of uninstall/reinstall... Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, I've tried the following suggested fixes and they do not work for me:

Step 1. Delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Step 2. Download and install the manual update from Adobe's download page: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5704

launching the After Effects render engine (not the full AE)... [For whatever reason I don't have a render engine for CS6... only an old CS5.5)

install the update in Safe Mode on my Mac (hold shift key while rebooting)... [my Mac just wouldn't boot up - turned off]

-Mount (open) the Update DMG file.

- Right mouse click on the AdobePatchInstaller and select Show Contents

- Expand the Content folder to show MacOS folder, inside it should be the AdobePatchInstaller file

- Right click on AdobePatchInstaller and select Open With > Terminal

I do not have my CS6 software with me... locked up in storage. Is there ANY OTHER option before I have to go dig it out??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can install it from Adobe's website as long as your software's serial number is registered to your Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The update to 11.0.4 worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines