Output Destination Always "Not Yet Specified"?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am attempting to streamline my rendering process since I make make many renders a day, sometimes in batches from a single AE Project, and manually selecting output destinations is tedious. I have created a custom "File Name and Location Template", saved it, and set it to default, however, when I add to the render queue, the output destination is always "not yet specified", despite me having set my custom template to default. In fact, no matter what Template I set to default (even the stock ones), every comp's output destination is "not yet specified". Can someone assist me with this? Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your computer, file paths, naming conventions and so on we can't really tell you much. From the sound of it this could be network related, if you render to external storage, but then the bad news could be that it's perfectly normal... Anyway, more info is required.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick response! Here's some additional info:

I am running After Effects 2022 on Windows 11 Pro 21H2, and almost every file path I'm working with is a locally synced dropbox server (since that's what my company uses for practically everything). The AE project is in it's own folder, and the template instructs to move up one level, then into an exports folder. Here's the template: 

[projectFolder]..\Exports\ICYMI\[compName] [dateMonth]_[dateDay]_[dateYear].[fileExtension]

Let me know if you need any other info!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines