• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output render settings for game footage, low file size for youtube upload.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I searched the forums without finding any good info before this topic. So for years now i have not been able to render a good qulaity computer game video with out sacrificing significant quality of the video in AE. Seems quicktime - h264 is the only possible settings i can use to keep file size small. If i choose anything else the file size is sooo huge.

Even after years of experimenting this realy still does seem like some dark art. I have found little to no info on this searching.

Even using different codecs and changing the bit rate really does not seem to do a whole lot. I was trying animation and sorenson 3 formats but the files are still sooo damn huge. Can someone please advise me on what would be the best options for a computer game upload to youtube.

I have tried different formats with AVI and still nothing.

Also I'm well aware that youtube does lower some of that quality but thats somewhat of a different topic. I should maybe pay for a online video service if i want maximum quality but i want to get good quality videos with a lower file size.

I use after effects because thats the program i am fluent with more so than premier.

Looking forward to hearing from someone

Thanx !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're aware that Adobe Media Encoder has YouTube compression presets, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Yes, I am aware of media encoder but I've just had a hard time using the right combination of settings to get good quality and reasonable file size. I have indeed tried the youtube settings for media encoder but sizes of files where still too large. 15gb for 1 minute of footage. I was wondering if you could even point me in the right direction of a tutorial even? As i said above I researched and played with settings so much im just a bit desperate now.

I was curious to see if anyone else might have been through the same situation ?

Untill then I will keep trying.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be helpful if you share the settings you actually are using.  Then maybe someone can tell you where you're making your mistake.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I you were looking for years I guess you should start on Google/youtube page and check out YT preffered video/audio specs: Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help  that were also described in many many other places (f. eg. https://elfsight.com/blog/2017/06/requirements-uploading-video-youtube/ ​) and as Dave said - Adobe Media Encoder for already many years have speccial YT pressets for best quality/filesize.

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Imeilfx,

Please can you help me find the menu that you provided a screenshot of?

Just trying easily export a comp for YouTube.

I'm a n00b with AfterEffects and all the tutorial videos I am finding point to H.264 which Adobe has removed.

Thank you and thanks to anyone else who may have the answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope that this will help you:

preset.gif
If you have any more questions - let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines