• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint brush path - use for linking object motion?

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching everywhere and can't find if it's possible to link a paint brush path to another object's motion parameters.  I'm drawing with the brush tool to create a reveal effect, and would like to use the brush path to drive an animated pen. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

I need to fix my name!  It's Bob Woodhead... appreciate all the answers you've given folks over the years, Kevin.   Anyway, yup, solution was to just go back to Motion.  The process is super easy and close to perfect alignment.   Sometimes some segments of the motion path don't link perfectly temporally, but not enough to be a problem.  But the good thing is there's zero mucking about, just apply brush path as a motion path for the hand, and done.   I admit to often using the approach that works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to fix my name!  It's Bob Woodhead... appreciate all the answers you've given folks over the years, Kevin.   Anyway, yup, solution was to just go back to Motion.  The process is super easy and close to perfect alignment.   Sometimes some segments of the motion path don't link perfectly temporally, but not enough to be a problem.  But the good thing is there's zero mucking about, just apply brush path as a motion path for the hand, and done.   I admit to often using the approach that works quickly instead of elegantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this is not yet fixed. Pasting from paint path to position doesn't align in time - even stretching start and end keyframes to match the paint tool doesn't fix the timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still not fixed in 2020.

If we could just change the interpolation it would be an easy solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'm not sure if Paint and Stick would help you out at all. Worth checking out

Paint & Stick 2 - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines