Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

parenting doesn't work

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to animate a sun ray with an arrowhead. Everything is good. But I can not attach the arrow head with the ray body. I parented the head but it stands still. It should move too. Why does not it move?

Thank you.

ray.gif

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again a misunderstanding about layers vs. shape layer groups similar to your other post. Parenting connects layers. For anything more you have to use pickwhip expressions. The arrowhead won't follow the wave motion, though. For that you'd need a proper expression that mimics the sine wave.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh no! How can I learn elaborately about the differences between shape layer vs layer in AE? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much. Never heard of sin wave expression. Now I know a new thing. Can not wait to learn about it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines