• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Path to Motion Path issue

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have copied and pasted a path from one layer to another in which I'd like to animate a circle along. When pasted into the circle layer, the keyframes are so far apart they extend outside of my Comps timeline. Is there a way to shorten this by default? Why is it doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

If you're pasting from a Mask Path to a Motion Path -- which you can do, but which is not at all certain from your description -- you should know that the Position keyframes resulting from pasting in the Mask Path default to 2 seconds in duration.  If your comp is shorter than 2 seconds, just make it longer.

If you're doing something else, you got a lot more 'splainin' to do, Lucy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're pasting from a Mask Path to a Motion Path -- which you can do, but which is not at all certain from your description -- you should know that the Position keyframes resulting from pasting in the Mask Path default to 2 seconds in duration.  If your comp is shorter than 2 seconds, just make it longer.

If you're doing something else, you got a lot more 'splainin' to do, Lucy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, yep my clip was less than two seconds.

And this wasn't a mask path just a shape path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, you can use a shape path, but you really have to guess at where the motion path will end up -- the size of a shape layer is independent from the size of a comp, so the vertex coordinates will be off.

If you make a mask on a piece comp-sized footage, you can paste it in to another layer's position property and know exactly what the motion path will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines