• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool settings?

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the pen tool the same way it's used in every other Adobe app.  That is, click to create an angled anchor point, drag to create an anchor point with a curve.  Somehow, that's not the case with AE.  I have curves I don't want, and I have to use the Convert Vertex tool to get rid of them.  This doesn't help my productivity when I'm trying to create some shape mask layers that I want to morph into other shapes...

Is there a setting I'm missing?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select the pen tool be sure you have deactivated the Rotobezier option in the toolbar. Probably you have this option active

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jose says uncheck the Rotobezier

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 9.46.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Rotobezier box being unchecked ... 😕

in the following screenshot, pen tool selected (RotoBezier unchecked) left click + drag

pentool.jpg

Second left mouse click gives the following effect : 

pentool2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone! After much screaming of WTF?!?!?!  I found a tutorial that mentioned that small detail missing from the user guide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the link ? 🙂 Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I could...  Every day, I keep going down tutorial rabbit holes trying to learn how to use AE in different ways...  I don't remember where I go sometimes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines