• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photo animation alternative for AE

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do a simple animation in AE using a .png and JPEG files. Unfortuntaly, the postion and scale controls in AE don't work on JPEG and PNG images. Can someone recommend a program to animate still photos?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Position and scale is working for all kind of layers and all kind of footage items. If they are not working, someting is odd. Can you descripe the issue in more detail?

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, After Effects.  Take the time to run a few basic tutorials to see how things work.  This is NOT an intuitive application.

Sorry, but I can't provide a link to the basic AE tutorials made by Adobe & real pros and not some clueless high school kid.  The new Adobe web site pretty much sucks for user-friendliness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that a template I was using wouldn't allow me to see the controls column. I reset and I'm good now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing that you double-clicked on a layer and opened up the Layer view. Changing any of the transform controls does not show up in the Layer panel. Make sure that you can see the Active Camera view and that you are looking at the comp panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines