Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Polystar Default Outer Roundness set to -60 degrees

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Forum,

I don't know how this happened, but when I'm drawing a new polystar using the shape tool my default outer roundness is set to -60 degrees. Anybody know how to set it back to zero?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

the shape does remember the last settings but to be more specific - the shape settings defaults to the manual change you made using the arrow keys as you created the shape before releasing the mouse. the only way to reset the next shape you draw to Ae's default shape is through the tools menu by hitting twice on the shape icon. simply resetting the parameters in the timeline, won't reset the next shape you make, only the current shape you already have.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will remember that last setting so . . . Just select the Shape layer and then type Round into the search field in the Comp panel. This will open the Roundness value. Set it to 0 or right-click and choose Reset from the menu.

Hope le this helps,

Angie Taylor - www.creative-cabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the shape does remember the last settings but to be more specific - the shape settings defaults to the manual change you made using the arrow keys as you created the shape before releasing the mouse. the only way to reset the next shape you draw to Ae's default shape is through the tools menu by hitting twice on the shape icon. simply resetting the parameters in the timeline, won't reset the next shape you make, only the current shape you already have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very true, I should have been more specific 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for contributing in the forums Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it's a pleasure. I've not been on any of the forums for a couple of years, due to family issues. I'm very happy to be back. Thanks for all your great info - good to see you on here 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope all is well with you Angie... Good to see you back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick, good to see you too my friend 🙂 I hope all is good with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. This did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines