• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portrait video after effects

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to make a video that is 1920 (height) and 1080 (width). Would there be any problems in the export? I have heard some people say it is better to edit it in landscape (1080x1920) with an external monitor made portrait, but I never understand why that is the case. 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

OK - I think how I would approach this is:

Create a 1,920 (high) x 1,080 (wide) Comp and build your animation in that. Once you've got everything done create a conventional 1,920 (wide) x 1,080 (high) comp and drop your original comp in that. Then rotate the comp layer through -90 degrees so it's sideways in view and fills the landscape comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no problem with export, you can work on portrait size  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for the response. The end goal here is to play the video on a television screen. Would that present any issue? The last thing I want is for it to playback in horizontal with large black bars on the right/left side. Do I have to rotate the video back before export? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export to media encoder, look for  match source and render the sun of a gun.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Oussk says - you can make your video whatever size / orientation you need.

However...
One thing you want to clarify here: You say the aim is "... to play the video on a television screen". Is this just going to be a standard TV - but physically rotated and mounted 90 degress from normal orientation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is what I meant, to make a video meant to display on a screen titled 90 degrees as a portrait. Sorry if I was unclear. Would that present any challenges? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I think how I would approach this is:

Create a 1,920 (high) x 1,080 (wide) Comp and build your animation in that. Once you've got everything done create a conventional 1,920 (wide) x 1,080 (high) comp and drop your original comp in that. Then rotate the comp layer through -90 degrees so it's sideways in view and fills the landscape comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this method, but it seems that by inserting a pre-comp into the conventional comp (1920w x 1080h) messes with the key frames, and effects (things like linear wipe). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow my exact suggestion above - or did you use the Pre-compose command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I think I was a little too over-excited, clicking the continuous rasterise button on the drag-in composition. Just out of curiousity, would dragging a composition into the conventional comp bring down the quality of the animation, especially if continuous rasterise is not on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem. Continuous rasterisation (collapse transformations) was going to be my very next question : )  That should be off. There shouldn't be any quality problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines