Is this a bug? 

Help. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you restart Ae clearing preferences and shortcuts:

Press and hold Ctrl +Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) immediately on application launch.

You'll get a 'do you want to reset prefs?' dialogue. Click OK.
Keep the keys held down and you'll get a 'do you want to reset shortcuts dialogue?'. Click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already did that. didn't worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too, at the end of April so I guess Adobe never fixed it. I JUST installed AE 2020, first time opening no shortcuts seem to be working. Go into shortcut settings, they're all there, for some reason they just don't work. Everywhere I look online suggests to delete prefs like this, but they only give keyboard shortcuts to do this. What do I do if Ctrl + Alt + Shift doesn't bring anything up for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you tried to reset the preferences: did you see this dialogue and hit OK?  - or did you not see the dialogue  at all?

resetPrefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I created a different post. And the guys at the Adobe Community keep telling us to delete prefs and is not the case. It's a bug, a very annoying one! This is one of the most commonly used shortcuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please a solution. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem, July of 2021. Cleared all preferences and shortcuts, still not working. I can precompose by clicking Layer > Precompose, but can't use the keyboard shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines