• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview is in slow motion

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a video but after i render it, everything is played back in a very slow version. When i export it, it is in the correct speed, it's just the preview. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your actual preview settings, system info, details about the comps and their contents and a million other things nobody can even begin to guess. There is simply too many factors at play and just saying that it isn't realtime is not useful. Start by enforcing to always RAM preview and see if it makes a difference.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using after effects cs5.5 on a hp probook 430 g5. My composition has just an mp3 file, a text layer and a solid layer with an effect applied. attached is a screenshot. I didn't change any of the preview options. I don't know if this will help or not. Screenshot (14).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the things it could be:

• Not enough memory.  We don't know how much you have.
  • The mp3 -- it's always best to convert to wav or aiff.
  • Slow processors.
  • OS mismatch with CS 5.5.
  • Not enough storage.

Anything ring a bell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,  thanks for helping, It turns out my preview was on a 30fps setting when my Comp was on 60. Thank you for helping though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dylang,

What's the difference between export and render in your original post?

If you mean to say that your preview is in slow motion and the rendered file is fine, I assume that your computer isn't able to preview the comp in real-time, as is the case with most of the computers out there. After Effects isn't designed to preview like a video player or an NLE. It needs to cache all the frames before it plays them back.

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines