• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem regarding luma matte is after effects cs6

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I use luma matte no matter what is the color of the image after luma matte it with text it becomes black and white 

for eg, I have provided an image down where on the right side it is the image and on the left side it what I got after luma matting it with a text "E".I got a black and white image Untitled.png
can you help me with this

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped screenshots are useless. Diagnosing such issues requires to see the relevant timeline sections with the relevant properties twirled open as well as the comp viewer settings. And you also haven't offered any info about the project, the footage sources, composition settings and so on. On a hunch one could supsect you have toggled single channel viewing, but it's really impossible to know, given your unspecific and sparse details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i can give you screenshot about my composition settings but in case of
time line section i am not making any video instead i am a making logo so
time duration is 0 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i can give you screenshot about my composition settings but in case of time line section i am not making any video instead i am a making logo so time duration is 0 seconds

this is screenshot of my whole project and below is screenshot of compostion setting for my current project in which i am facing this luma matte problemmain.pngcomposition.png

if you need anything to know more about this to solve my problem please do ask but make this problem solve

thank you

yadumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your text layer is a single colour, I'm guessing white.  When you set the luma matte, AE turns off visibility of the image layer.  Notice the eye symbol (first column).  If you want to retain the colour of the image, but show the shape, I'd suggest undoing the luma matte, then place the text layer above the image layer and set the image's track matte to Alpha.  This will then display the text, as a cut out of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have the luminance values of an image creating an alpha channel for a text layer. The layer order is upside down. If you want to see the image put the text layer above the image and choose Alpha Matte. That will make the text layer create a matte (mask) for the image. 

If you solo the text layer and turn on transparency grid you will see that the text layer has transparency. What looks like black is actually transparent and would reveal any layer below it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines