Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem selecting with vertices of a shape layer

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am having a problem every time I create a shape layer. So, after creating it or importing a shape layer from Ai with Overlord plugin, I have this problem: when I want to select one or many vertices by dragging in the Composition window is like I have all vertices selected and if I drag what it does is moves the shape, and if I switch to the pen tool it adds more vertices to the shape or selects 1 vertice at a time.

Does anyone has an idea of what is happening or if I have something enable that has to be disable?
Here is a video of what is happening:

Also some pictures of how is the shape created:

Path issue 01.pngPath issue 02.png

Hope someone has an idea and a solution.

Best,

Yeye

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try revealing the path in the timeline, select the path, then use the selection tool (v) to select the vertices. You will see the cursor change to a white pointer as you get close to the control points. You can even drag the white cursor around to grab multiple points and transform them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rick Gerard , thanks for answering back so soon.

Actually, I have this weird behavior where in some shape layers I have the white pointer that allows me to select vertices and in other shape layers I have a black pointer that moves the shape even without a need to touch, just grab and move from anywhere. Looks like both pointers work as different tools while I am always with the selection tool (v), never switch to a different one. Do you know why this happens?

Check this out:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen that behavior. If the Path has an expression, things change. It might be a graphics driver problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rick Gerard I found that I was applying an animation presets on the scale property of the layer, created by a colleague, to animate the shape layers intro. That animation preset was locking the path and creating that behavior. When I applied After Effects presets the path stills allowing me to do vertices modifications.
One more thing, pretty interesting though, is that the behavior occurs only with the scale property, when I set keyframes on the position, opacity or rotation layer properties the path keeps the vertices modifying setting, also when I set scale keyframes after any other layer property had keyframes in time the path allowed me to modify the vertices. It is only happening when the scale property is the very first property that has keyframes on timeline or the only one that has keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines