• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when I import pictures - they are just a black box!

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends, when I try and import pictures in After Effects, they are all of a sudden just a black box. I've tried with a new project, tried on old ones and it's all the same. You can see in the attached picture what I am talking about. Can somebody help me, please? Do you have an idea of what may have gone wrong? Thanks in advance! Problem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you confirmed in a different application that you can actually see things in the jpeg in question?

You have it highlighted in the project window and there is only black in the thumbnail at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for replying to me, Dave. Yes, I can open the image. Actually, this happens with every possible image when I try to import it on AE. The black thumbnail is actually that picture. When I import picture of the backpack I am working on, it becomes automatically black. So the thumbnail in the project window is black, everything is black. I can work with text and shapes perfectly, but not with images...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines