• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with exporting GIF from Adobe After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a problem with a gif file. I have prepared an animation in Adobe AE with solid background #999999, but actually when I am uploading gif on Bē exported through Adobe ME its different than #999999... Can someone help me why it's like this? BTW the exported gif is even kind of glitched 😮
Comp 1.gifZrzut ekranu 2019-11-8 o 11.13.10.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

I can't see exact error message that you are getting but it can be because GiFs in PS are restricted to 500 frames so you have to shorten your animation or give it lower fps (12 should be more than enough for gif animation). That way you should fit your animation into gif format and will give you smaller file size. There is small hack to render more than 500 frames but much better for you would be to make it less than 500 frames. 
If there is different error - please share a screenshot of that er

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE and AME is not ideal for Gif exporting. What I would suggest is to use AE for animation, export to some kind of video file (for example h264), then import that to Photoshop, import h264 file and Export from Ps as a Gif. PS give you much better gif capabilities.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! While exporting 8s video through Photoshop there's an error saying that Photoshop can't finish the operation. Do you think that's becaouse of too long / big video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see exact error message that you are getting but it can be because GiFs in PS are restricted to 500 frames so you have to shorten your animation or give it lower fps (12 should be more than enough for gif animation). That way you should fit your animation into gif format and will give you smaller file size. There is small hack to render more than 500 frames but much better for you would be to make it less than 500 frames. 
If there is different error - please share a screenshot of that error info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you a lot for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines