• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet Tool Pick Whip/Pairing??

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a horse. Legs are separated from horse torso. Legs are puppeted fine, but want to “pick whip” or something to attach legs to torso, so that when I animate or move horse, the torso moves in conjunction with legs. How to attach legs to horse torso so that when I move legs and torso, they move together as one. Null layers, or is there something simpler? THANKS!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply parent the torso and legs to a Null, yes. Unless you use a script like DUIK or similar there's no real good way, anyway, as you would need to create all the expressions manually and account for coordinate conversions and all that.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... understood... and thank you. I used the old way, nulls and added expressions I learned from ED Films, but I recently downloaded DUIK, and I feel a bit overwhelmed. I'll try and find a simple tut that explains that connection. Appreciate your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually,,, no, i don't get it. Watching vid after vid, I cannot for the life of me, parent the legs to torso of horse. When I do parent them, even trying using a null object and or with expressions, when i then try to simply move body to move in conjunction with legs, with one puppet pin on torso or just the later itself, only the body moves away from the legs - still unattached. It seems so simple, 101 stuff, but can;t get them to all be as one. What can I do!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines