• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"internal verification failure, sorry!" for adding Puppet Pin to Essential Graphics

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add the Position parameter of a Puppet Pin to Essential Graphics and am getting the error:

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {index must be specified for lookup in indexed group) (29 : 0)

The layer with the Puppet Pin is embedded two levels into Compositions. I've tried purging all caches and restarting AE to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

As a workaround, I was able to parent the Puppet pin's X position parameter to an expression slider and then add that to Essential Graphics. That seems to be doing the trick so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link is about the past same issue. You may be able to get the hint to solve it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/internal-verification-failure-invalid-index...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I’m learning that this error is widespread and has a
variety of different causes and fixes, seemingly unrelated to each other.

Before going down the rabbit hole to determine if there’s an error or
misconfiguration somewhere, I guess it would be good to know if Puppet Pins
can be added to Essential Graphics. Any insight to that?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re asking whether you can include elements with Puppet effects in an Essential Graphics composition, that’s entirely feasible. However, if you’re referring to adding a Puppet Pin directly to the Essential Graphics panel, it’s not supported. The reason is that pins require keyframes, but those keyframes would be ignored within the Essential Graphics context, resulting in an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a workaround, I was able to parent the Puppet pin's X position parameter to an expression slider and then add that to Essential Graphics. That seems to be doing the trick so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines