• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Scrolling Timer" Animation

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out how I can create a "scrolling timer" like the one pictured below :

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 4.45.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-17 at 4.35.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-17 at 4.36.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-17 at 4.37.15 PM.png

I've already set up expressions so that I can get a timer going (formated like 0.0). Now I'm just wondering how I can get the numbers to 'slide up' like above. Any ideas to get me in the right direction would help!

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything from a text animators for position to simply typing them out and moving the strip through a matte box with stepped keyframes and an loopOut() expression. Whatever works best for you.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply... originally, I have a null object with a slider control connected to it, and then a text layer which acts as my "timer". To the text layer I added the expression thisComp.layer("NULL").effect("Slider Control")("Slider").value.toFixed(1), so that it counts up like this : 0.0, 0.5 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and so on... I don't want to have to manually move the strip everytime the timer goes, so is there a way I could automate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need exactly one strip with numbers 0 through 9 in a pre-composition and animate the timing with keyframes and a loopOut() expression if need be. To make it loop you could in fact simply slap on a Motion Tile effect and animate the offset of that. This is not in any way complicated.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines