Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Auto Bezier Key Frames

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Auto Bezier is Ruining my day. I am trying to control the speed of a liquify effect animation, and I have found some auto bezier key frames. Not sure how they go there, and I can't remove them. 

What I am trying to do specifically: adjust the speed of animation so it is a fast drip at the start and slows down towards the end. I have seen tutorials where I can do this by adding Distortion Percentage Key Frames to each of my Liquify effects on my (png) clip. Makes total sense to me. 

But these Auto Bezier Key Frames are controlling the entire (png) clip and mucking things up.  

Can anyone help please?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can give any Liquify keyframe any interpretation I want by using the Graph editor and the Pen tool or by right-clicking on a keyframe and choosing either of the keyframe interpretation methods (velocity or interpolation) or by holding down the Ctrl/Cmnd key and clicking on any keyframe using the selection tool.

Make sure AE is up to date and try a reboot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick,

I am a total newbie here and fumbling my way through it all. 

I do not understand what you mean by using the Graph Editor. I've tried right clicking and opening up Essential Graphics, but no dice. I've also right clicked on the Auto-Bezier Key frame and there was not an option to choose velocity or interpolation settings. I have this when I right click: 

New -

Composition Settings

Reveal Composition in Project

Preview -

Switch 3D View

Rename

Open in Essential Graphics

Composition Flowchart

Compostion Mini-Flowchart

I'd like to learn more about Auto-Bezier key frames, adjusting them, etc., but for the immediate short term for my project I really need to know how to delete these Auto-Bezier key-frames as quickly as possible.

Any suggestions for a newbie?

Thank you.

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the u key to reveal the layer's animated properties.  Lasso the offending keyframes.  Hit the backspace key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave.

So I made a newbie mistake. The round key frames were small, not large. I didn't know there was a difference. So, these were not auto-beziere key frames at all, just regular key frames that I could not move because the effect timeline was collapsed. 

The more you know....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

So I made a newbie mistake. The round key frames were small, not large. I didn't know there was a difference. So, these were not auto-beziere key frames at all, just regular key frames that I could not move because the effect timeline was collapsed. 

The more you know....

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You really should consider deleting your account, every single post I've seen of yours presents a hostile and obtuse disposition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about auto-bezier keyframes in the timeline - large round icons - Ctrl / Cmd lick them and they will change to linear keyframes with a diamond shaped icon.

I guess the broader question is : why are they ruining your day?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

So I made a newbie mistake. The round key frames were small, not large. I didn't know there was a difference. So, these were not auto-beziere key frames at all, just regular key frames that I could not move them because the effect timeline was collapsed. 

The more you know....

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines