• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Problems - Glitches on one frame

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having some issues while rendering in After Effects CS6. Below are two frames that seem to glitch during rendering...

This footage was shot on P2 media. The background is a Photoshop composition. I am using a garbage matte along with keylight on the footage and no other effects. In the AE preview window, there are no problems. I am using Dynamic Link to bring the AE composition into Premiere and can see the problems in the Premiere preview window. I have also tried rendering out of After Effects to an H.264 format and lossless Quicktime format. Both had the bad frame.

I was having the same issue in another project, but then cleared the disk cache. That solved the problem. Now, I'm not sure what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Calvin

Message was edited by: Andrew Yoole - removed highlight colour from post text - it was almost impossible to read.

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I believe the message we are all in agreement on is that Keylight has

some unpredictable issues, regardless of Dynamic Linking.

Is it Keylight, or is it the footage itself?  What is the media container and the codec of the footage that's causing these problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same problem, shooting on P2, and importing the sequence as a comp from PrP.  Although the click/unclick option does work for me, it only works for each instance of the glitch and on clips with multiple glitches, it toggles them off and on alternatively.  not sure if that made sense...what I mean is one click doesn't fix the entire clip.

the only thing that I have found to fix it, is to directly import the orginal media from the source drive into the project, add it to the timeline and use the corrupted clip in the timeline as a guide to sync it up and trim it appropriately.  then copy/paste whatever masks, effects, and keyframes you applied to the corrupt clip, and then delete the corrupt clip.  (or hide it).

This technique has worked for me on 2 separate projects.  What a huge pain in the arse though.  With more and more of our projects involving greenscreening, we chose to purchase the P2 for it's color space.  Part of the reason we were planning on transitioning to CS6 from FCP7 was the ease of the dynamic link...now this.  Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been troubleshooting the same issue for a while and have concluded that my problem was caused by Keylight not being able to handle the mark that I added to the layer.  I removed the mask and created a new one, moved it around a bit and noticed that the glitch would disappear and return based on what the mask was at that current time.

Possible solution, ditch your mask and make a new one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XDCAM footage also exhibits this in After Effects, it's not just the dynamic link.

The way I found around it is to grab one of the handles on the mask and move it. The glitch disappears straight away. So I wouldn't be surprised to find it's some conflict between Keylight and the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the issue and I'm working with red media. Footage seems to have no bearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just seen this problem in an After Effects CC/Keylight 1.2 + Premiere Pro CC project that uses XDcam footage. So far for us, the quickest way to eliminate it was to turn OFF the option "Lock Biases Together" under Alpha Bias. I don't understand what the logical connection is, but it seems to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this problem today. One item that pops up when you are having problems with After Effects - like this problem - is to clean your cache. Save your project - then close it. Still in After Effects - click Edit - Preferences - Media & Disk Cache. Clear your cache. It has helped almost every time I have an issue. I also defrag my computer after heavy usage and setup to defrag automatically on a weekly basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with Keylight-ed dynamic link. Switching to software-only helped. Also you have to export out from Premiere not from AME. Looks like OpenCL is not at that level yet, that is able to handle keylight effect properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines