• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replay is slow even for very basic files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a weak computer by any means. to be specific I have 32 gigs of ram, a 3070ti, and a ryzen 5 3600. So at the very least it should be able to handle some basic editing. But whenver I'm in aftereffects and I try to edit, not even an audio clip will play properly. Let alone footage. By properly what I mean is lets say I bring in footage, it will go unsynced for a few seconds then the audio will slow down to "catch up" to the footage in a way. Even if I just bring in an audio file it slows down to load its so weird.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A veces es difícil defender lo indefendible, pero solo para saber, podrías decirnos la cantidad y las características de tus imágenes y del audio con los que estás trabajando? Los detalles de tu proyecto, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it's something else but It sounds like you are describing the process by which AE builds a Preview.

Unlike video editing programs (and some other graphics programs) that playback in realtime (though sommetimes at a lower quality) AE must first build a preview in RAM (which isn't in real time) and then play it back in realtime. This process is indicated by the green line that builds at the top of the timeline when you press spacebar (or the preview button). The more complex the content on the timeline the longer (and more RAM) this build process takes. 

You can speed up the process in several ways such as lowering the preview quality (the menu at the bottom of the Com indow that probably says Full). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines