• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate Cylinder Pipe with a Logo

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I thought Youtube would have the answer for me but I couldn't find necessary info.

Here's what I try to accomplish:

1. Create a 3D Cylinder that is rotating Z axis

Create a Eclipse in After Effects and Enable 3D and 4D Camera. Adjusting some properties in Gemotary let me create that. I need to set some keyframes in Z axis

2. Put a logo on that Cylinder. Logo is like wrapped around it and is rotated along with the cylinder

Import my EPS logo and turn it to shape. Enable it to 3D. I thought partening would work but the logo itself is not really attached to the cylinder when the cylinder is rotated at Z axis.

3. Reveal another logo after the first logo is rotated from behind. The idea is like tumbler rotation in photoshop.
https://www.google.com/search?q=tumbler+rotation+photoshop&rlz=1C1GCEB_enCA919CA921&oq=t&gs_lcrp=EgZ...
However, I like the tumbler to be rotated at Z axis instead of Y axis.

Is After Effects the application to use to create that?

Or, do I need to create a real 3D object with 2 logos in Illustrator instead?

Any ideas will be apprepricated. Thansk.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot map a texture to the side of an extruded shape or text layer. 

You might want to just try using the Cylinder effect. It's all 2D but looks like 3D. 

The other option is to create the ellipse on a shape layer, then export the project as a C4D file using the Export menu. You can then import the .C4D file, drag it into the timeline, and use Cineware to open C4D Lite and add the imported texture. 

You could also just download Blender (https://blender.org) and create your cylinder, camera, and texturing there. 

It would help us help you if you took a screenshot of what you have now showing us the modified properties of the problem layers. Select the layers, press the 'u' key twice, take a screenshot, and then drag it to the reply field on this forum so we can see it without downloading. It is easier singfo everyone than the using the "Drag & drop here..." menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines