Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation Issues

Participant ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have three backgrounds that I would like to rotate 90 degrees in parallel. Unfortunately, they are not aligning correctly. I suspect it has to do with the perspective, but I can't find a solution.
I also tried using Null-Objects, but unfortunately, I got the same result

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your uploaded screenshot tells us nothing about your comp or your workflow except that you have three 3D layers selected, and you are not looking at one of the custom cameras. 

If you are trying to rotate the whole group as one layer, then parent all three layers to a 3D null that is at the center of rotation and rotate the null.

If all three layers share the same plane (all have the same Z axis), and you want them to rotate independently180º so they are all lined up, use a simple pick whipt expression to tie the rotation of the two outside layers to the middle layer. 

If you want something else, please explain your design goals in detail and embed a screenshot of the whole UI by simply copying and paste, or dragging the screenshot to the reply field instead of uploading it with the Drag & drop here or browse to attach button so you can see the screenshot in your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your Answer.
After a walk with my dog, I found the solution by myself. I created a composition for the background and rotated it precisely in the center. In the main file, I duplicated the composition and positioned it on the sides.

Best regards,
Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines