• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation

Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I rotate the shape around its path (red X axle)? I turned on orient along path. When I change X rotation it rotates around blue axle, absolutely the same way as I change Z rotation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

When you select Orient along a path the X Y plane lines up with the path. You can go into the rotation properties and re-arrange the way the layer points while it moves. If you parent it to a null then all rotation properties will be zeroed out so it may be easier to fix things. The other option is to paste the motion path to the null then hold down the shift key while parenting the layer to the null and it will jump to the same position. Now you can orient the layer any way you like. It just ta

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to read up on "gimbal lock". If you can't get the rotaions you wnat, use parentiung to a Null object to isolate the individual axes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how parenting could fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...that's why you need to read up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

сергейз48634810  wrote

I don't understand how parenting could fix that.

Gimbal lock is where two rotation axises line up with one another... When you parent to a null these axises are now reset to normal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimbal_lock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select Orient along a path the X Y plane lines up with the path. You can go into the rotation properties and re-arrange the way the layer points while it moves. If you parent it to a null then all rotation properties will be zeroed out so it may be easier to fix things. The other option is to paste the motion path to the null then hold down the shift key while parenting the layer to the null and it will jump to the same position. Now you can orient the layer any way you like. It just takes a little fiddling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Rick, you are right! Adobe soft always takes a little fiddling. And often it is not such little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines