• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush Tool frame mismatch

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a clip of 25 FPS. On PPro i did replace it with after effects composition. In After Effects when I tried to use roto brush tool.

There was a warning

"Frame Rate mismatch, or footage with fields found, For best Roto Brush  & Refine Edge results, set  the composition to 23 fps to match the layer source"

I set the composition to 23 fps on AE.

On PPro inside interpret footage - Field Order, I set it to "No Field - Progressive Scan". As on one thread it was written it is due to interlaced footage.

Please Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know. You have not provided any info what the footage and its specs actually are. It quite frankly simply sounds like you didn't care to check the project and sequence settings in Premiere and conversely the comp and projec settings in Ae as well as footage interpretation in both programs. Thus it turns out as an utter mess. Perhaps the safest way to avoid the issue would be to just start over with these things in mind. The only other thing could be that your footage uses variable framerates, which of course is useless for professional work. You need to conform and transcode it then first to have a constant framerate.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youre worthless in every post ive seen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep looking nardo1414

M has 114k points for being helpful and counting! That's not something you can underestimate. Actual users found him useful/helpful in what appears to be the highest count in this forum, maybe other forums as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youre so useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MechanicalFury  wrote

youre so useless

Oh, bite me.  You probably shot on a phone.  You thought phones work like real cameras.  They don't.  Re-shoot, and this time, get an app that forces p0hones to shoot at a fixed frame rate, okay, Einstein?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not quite. The footage is the intro from a tv series. Thank you for the compliment 'einstein' tho. You don't really seem like one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using rotobrush you should always check the interpretation of the footage in the project panel, make sure it is standard and matches the frame rate of the target comp. If the frame rate is not standard, change it. This will force a new frame rate that complies with video standards. If the frame rate does not match the comp you have two choices. You can either change it to the same frame rate as the comp and live with the difference between real time and screen time, or you can create a new comp from the footage and do the Rotobrush in that comp, then nest that comp in the main comp and either use it as a track matte or a layer in your composite.

I use the second option all the time because I routinely shoot VFX shots at twice the frame rate as the project. This gives me cleaner edges because there is less motion blur, a better chance to re-time a shot to match action in the scene, and twice as much data to work with. So I shoot at 59.94 for a 29.97 project, do the masking or roto work at 59.94, then finish the composite at 29.97 in the final comp and use Pixel Motion Blur or CC Force Motion Blur on the nested HFR footage to match the motion blur of the original footage (background plate) in the composite.

Did you follow that? Rotobrush frame rate problems are solved by properly interpreting the footage, then creating a new comp from the footage just for the roto work. Then it doesn't really matter if the frame rate of the original footage matches the frame rate of the final comp. The screen time will still match real time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, man! That helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines