• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roto brush cuts corners very much. It's not really possible to highlight fingers at all, even in version 3.0. Feather costs only 6. Do something about it, please.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If footage is shot with limited motion blur and appropriate lighting, Rotobrush, Mocha AE, Mocha Pro, and a bunch of other plugins and tools do a great job at creating very complex mattes. The latest version of Rotobrush is greatly improved.

If you have a lot of motion blur, depth of field problems, or the background and foreground have the same color values, handwork is going to be required no matter what app you use. If I am shooting anything with the intention of creating any kind of matte, my shutter speed is always at least 1/120 or faster (90º shutter or narrower), and the depth of field is more than sufficient to include all of the features I need to capture. You can put the motion blur back in the shot and even fiddle with the depth of field later in the process if necessary. I learned that technique in the late 70s when I shot my first rotoscoped composite project on film and painted the mattes by hand. The same workflow with the camera is still required. AI can't figure out where the edges are if there are none. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact is that I manually select each finger. But when I highlight the
last one, AA also highlights the background between my fingers. I have a
really poor quality source video and I refine each frame manually. But AA
doesn't even want to manually highlight individual small details, in this
case fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the shot you are having problems with, or at least a still frame. What is the video format? It makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded how I tried to highlight a finger that didn't automatically highlight. The video format is 4K, but people are pretty far away. The video shows that the boundaries of the finger are quite clear, but AA does not want to highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I was not trying to highlight, but to deselect. But the point is one AA does not see such small details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like very low-quality footage with almost no difference between foreground and background. There are no real edges to find. I am not surprised that you are having problems. If that were my shot, I would fine-tune the rotoscoping on that shot with Mocha AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I did not know that using Mocha AE it is possible to configure rotoscoping. I'll try it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope the suggestions above helped. Feel free to reach out.

Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for now.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines